It’s awards season in TMC! And no, we’re not talking Beyonce and Adele. More like Kami, Kristi, and Ray.
- Kami Kilwine, rangeland specialist for the NRCS in Miles City, recently won “Early Career Rangeland Conservationist of the Year”
- The award for most snowfall goes to Northwest Montana, which received 30 inches over three days, and a state of emergency declaration. Our own Kate Arpin can attest that it was indeed, a lot of snow, and has new shoveling muscles to prove it.
- Valley County CD writes in to tell us about how the Winter Grazing Seminar went (we hear it was the best)
- RREC chose their Range Leaders of the Year: The Horse Ranch got producer leader OTY, and Ray Neumiller got Agency Leader OTY.
- A new report says that Montana’s outdoor recreation industry brought in 12.3 million tourists and $3.49 billion.
- Jane Mangold brings Milk Thistle up to the podium for the Monthly Weed Post
- And Kristi D’Agati, a Big Sky Watershed Corps member with Lake County CD, received a whole heap of recognition from NRCS for being generally awesome.
Read about it here: TMC 2017-02-15