This week in The Montana Conservationist:
- Granite CD hosts it’s 9th annual summer weed clinic
- Missoula County is offering a deferred loan program to help residents fix water and wastewater connection repairs
- A toxic algae bloom in Utah has closed one of the largest freshwater lakes west of the Mississippi and is threatening irrigation water
- The EPA estimates that 83% of underground fuel storage tanks are corroded and risk leaking into groundwater…and only 25% of owners are aware of the corrosion.
- A bill favoring unregulated exempt wells in Montana has surfaced again, despite irrigators concerns
- Sage Grouse’s southern cousin has been removed from the Endangered Species list after a court order
- MSU is hosting a series of meetings to guide producers through new rules governing feed grade antibiotics
- And the EPA has put together a fun series of online lessons and activities aimed at teaching students about the importance of watersheds.
All of that and more, as you might have guessed, in The Montana Conservationist this week: TMC 2016-07-27