This week in The Montana Conservationist, we celebrate Pollinator Week (okay, it was last week) with several articles about our buzzy friends.
- We’ve got a wrap-up of our MACD / SWCDM Spring board meeting, which is basically a two-day idea pollination session
- USDA has announced two key new measures to improve pollinator health
- Ideas on five ways to help pollinators on working lands
- Flathead County is going to be testing private wells for radiation
- The Forest Service is taking action to streamline their special use permits (helpful for those of you who take school groups into the woods)
- Christina Herron-Sweet chimes in on her research investigating whether spotted knapweed is helpful or harmful for pollinators
- And last but not least, we introduce you to Samantha Tappenbeck, our new Area Resource Specialist for Western Montana.
All of this and a summertime buzz in this week’s The Montana Conservtionist: TMC 2016-06-29